Friday 17 June 2011

Always and Forever

Dirty Daphne the DAF unit was brought on line yesterday. Daphne weighs 3 tonnes, blows air through the waste water from the brewery and is making the project engineer’s Portakabin smell worse than normal. Daphne is beautiful because she reduces the brewery’s waste by removing solids from liquid effluent. Working in a larger brewery gives you an insight into all kinds of interesting albeit smelly technology! Next year we will have a machine which turns waste water into energy for brewing. Modern day alchemy, as long as it works.

Next Friday I have day away from the brewery planned to visit Ringwood Brewery to see the UKs finest racking line. I also hope to bump into my former boss Jeff “zippy” Drew a man who puts all of us mortal Head Brewers to shame by running two regional breweries simultaneously. In the evening I shall be attending the BFBI western section annual banquet. The Howe dinner jacket gets its annual airing.

I got an e-mail this morning from Will at Van Dieman Brewing in Australia telling me how he made a beer similar to my Winter Berry Ale. I must say his version sounds better than mine. If you’re reading this in Oz I would suggest that you seek it out. My sample is apparently on its way around the world. Can’t wait.

For every beat of yours, mine beats in time

If you ever listen to the song

Trust that the words are true

All this must be very clear to you


2 comments:

big col the brewer said...

I thoght you might like this

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.” - Anonymous

very appropriate for sharps and rick stein

Stuart Howe said...

Very nice Col. Never had the patience or sealegs for fishing but drinking beer all day (in acordance with the government guidelines on moderate alcohol consumption) is good for me!

Post a Comment