Wednesday 2 February 2011

Sharp's


I found out on Monday that I had new bosses. Forgive me for not revealing this earlier!

Sharp’s former owners have always been in the brand building and selling game so I knew that at some point the business or its brands would be on the move. So far every conversation I have had with the new powers-that-be has made me more excited than the last. We are staying in Rock as exclusive brewers of the Sharp’s brands and it’s business as usual but with more support and investment. The prospect of taking beers I have nurtured for years to a new level of consistency and technical excellence makes me as excited as it is legal to be.

In terms of the blog, Molson Coors are very happy for me to continue uncensored and the 12 brew project is still very much on track with two brews nearly confirmed for February. My suggestion of Carling Brown Label the offal-flavoured lager is being considered by the board but I don’t expect it to make it to market.

In the words of Anthony Newley “It’s a new day, it’s a new dawn, it’s a new life, for me oooooooo and I’m feeling good!”

15 comments:

Baron Orm said...

Congratulations it sounds like it's going to be good for you, especially if it means we can continue to see new and exciting brews coming out of your mash tun!

Cooking Lager said...

All the best, matey. Now you work for a big corporation you can do power point presentations and meetings all day and knock all that brewing nonsense on the head. Pie charts are better than lines. Just press the big red button on the machine and the grog comes out the other end!

Stuart Howe said...

Thank you gentlemen. I hope to never be more than 10 minutes away from an FV Cookie, even when engaged in active listening.

Adrian Tierney-Jones said...

listening to an FV, you haven’t installed music in it a la Teo Musso have you (though he’s stopped that now) — good luck with it all, maybe Chechen Stout in a big 1500ml bottle will be a goer…

Flagon of Ale said...

My God man, why Coors?

Congrats, I guess in any case. I hope they wrote you a big fat check.

BeerReviewsAndy said...

Good luck mate, tried to email you earlier but got my customary mailbox is full message, will have to look into it at my end!

Stuart Ross said...

I'm glad you'll be carrying on usual.
The offer is still open for a brew if you can make it up this far north.

Kristy said...

I'm not sure 'uncensored' was the exact word I used.......

Cookie's right, what need is to arrange some face time to have a tissue session about your messaging strategy - I'll bring the post-its and highlighters if you can get a Sharp's branded beanbag

Exciting times indeed!!

Anonymous said...

I hope a Sharp Epic Stuart Howe/Kelly Ryan collaboration can still go ahead!

You'd probably have to visit in NZ though...

K

Stuart Howe said...

I'm there Kelly, Just filling in my expenses form as I write.

Unknown said...

If he hasn't already asked you, you've got to go and brew with Dave Bailey. Just so I can make a lame gag about brewing between Rock and a Hardknott place...

Sounds like a good gig, Stuart. Have fun!

Fergus said...

hope it works out well Stuart

Stuart Howe said...

Nice idea Simon, we shall see.....

Thanks Fergus.

BeerReviewsAndy said...

Just make sure they let you make Monsieur rock more often as ive nearly ran out!!

big col the brewer said...

Hi stuart
We are a small pub in seavington ilminster who are now taking all your specials as well as Doom Bar (out sells tribute 2 to 1) thanks to your rep popping in .
The Cornish stout was amazing I have guiness drinkers switching over to it!
please please please can you brew some more as this stuff is the best stout in the world.
colin.

Post a Comment