Friday 17 December 2010

Monsieur Rock est Arrivé

Monsieur Rock is back in Rock and in my opinion is sublime. It’s one of those beers which it almost physically hurts to stop drinking. The flavour panel were silenced by their first encounter with the finished article. Usually a new beer is greeted with unabridged discussion and more often than not, disagreement about its attributes. With Monsieur Rock there was just silence and knowing glances.

Although the ABV is 5.2% it tastes like a soft drink. I am fairly sure that the battery terminal-level bitterness brigade will judge it to be wishy washy. If you think this might be the case for you, I would suggest that you buy a pot of isoalpha acid from a home brew shop to sip alongside it.


I do feel so extremely lucky to have worked with Jean-Marie. I have made a great beer, learned a great deal and made friends with one of the world’s greatest brewers. Thank you Mr Lowry.

I hope I am not raising expectations excessively.

6 comments:

BeerReviewsAndy said...

will this be available mail order?????

ps i think your inbox may be full as i just got a bounce back...

Leigh said...

Words cannot express how much I want to taste this beer. Seriously - I echo Andy - how do we get our hands on it up north, Stuart?

ZakAvery said...

Andy, Leigh - we should be getting some to offer locally and mail order.

Stuart Howe said...

I obviously have raised expectations excessively!

We are collecting the rest of the pallets from Mr Hepworth this week so weather permitting it will be in a brilliant beer retailer near you before the New Year. I suspect that it will be available mail order from Sharp's next week.

I am pleased to report that despite consuming most of a case of it last night I am feeling bright and breezy, apart from a mild headache.

Anonymous said...

Nice work Mr Howe. I can't wait to try!

Jamie said...

Gimmie gimmie gimmie...in other news...gimmie.

Post a Comment