Thursday 28 February 2013

I'm searching for the light - but it's all black



Blackened is the end
Winter it will send
Throwing all you see
Into obscurity

Craft Beer Rising was a juxtaposition of a cold warehouse and the warmth of the friendliest industry in the world. Brewers, salesmen and marketers mixed in a harmonious couple of days where love for beer was the theme making the madness of craft debate as irrelevant as the subplot in a Steven Segal film. I did hear of some brewing companies so incensed that breweries capable of making the same beer twice could claim to be craft that they were going to remove the term from all of their promotional literature. I would suggest that they also change the term brewing to homebrew to properly reflect their capabilities as brewers.

Frankie Valli once wrote this song about his love for craft and I think the words resonate to this day.

We take the pressure and we throw away
Conventionality belongs to yesterday
There is a chance that we can make it so far
We start believing now that we can be who we are

Craft is the word
Craft is the word, is the word that you heard
It's got groove it's got meaning
Craft is the time, is the place is the motion
Craft is the way we are feeling

The Mr Real Ale black IPA is in CT with stacks of harrrps (craft spelling) and is now black. There is some controversy about the appellation “black IPA”. It seems that some crazy people think that a beer can’t be black and pale at the same time! The UK’s biggest selling cask ale Greene King IPA is not in any way related to the Indian subcontinent yet it is still referred to as an India Pale Ale. At what point does a phrase or term lose its meaning? Like the term value used to describe beef derived from horses and seafood derived from potatoes. And the term passionate used to describe the impeccably dressed robots who work for Costa and Starbucks. Some argue for Cascadian dark ale but I am opting for blackened IPA because the beer Simon and I brewed wasn’t born black it became black at a later stage. The beer still has no link with India.  

Unspontaneous Panzerfaust is now all but gone but blackened IPA will need another couple of weeks on the harrrps and is likely to be released mid March. Spontaneous Panzerfaust has a fungal/bacterial bloom on it but won’t really get going until the weather warms up.

Last but not least The Driftwood Spars are having a Beer Appreciation Weekend on 15th-16th March. I am working as a chauffeur that weekend for my old mukka Jean-Marie Rock of Orval fame who is gracing the event with his celestial presence. I am sending a cask of the Dubbel Coffee Stout. We will be there most of the weekend with me popping in and out to sort things at the brewery and watch England be deprived of the grand slam by Steve Walsh the refereeing world’s answer to Ferdinand Marcos.  

6 comments:

Matthew Clark said...

Barry Gibb wrote Grease, Frankie Valli just sang it. Long live the new craft.

Stuart Howe said...

I stand corrected Matthew. I thought I detected Gibb's supreme pop styling in the phraseology

Ed said...

Entertaining as ever, you sure you don't want to do this blogging malarkey more often?

Matthew Clark said...

I probably shouldn't have said anything, everyone now knows that I'm a BeeGees fan.

Simon said...

Click the Black IPA link, above! I am still a fan of DJ SY & Lively to this day. Happy Hardcore 1995 :-) Never quite got into Jungle though, happy hardcore with the famous Toytown tune all the way for me.

Roseline said...

I was been suffering hardship from HIV/AIDS since 9yrs now, and i happen to have 2 kids for my husband, and now we cannot proceed to have another kids all because of my disease and now i have do all what a human like i and my husband can do just to get my disease healed, i have went to several places to seek for help not even one person could ever help, until i melt a comment on the daily news paper that was commented by Miss Maria about how this powerful traditional doctor help her get cured of the disease (HIV-AIDS) " my fellow beloved" i firstly taught having a help from a spiritual traditional healer was a wrong idea, but i think of these, will i continue to stress on these disease all day when i have someone to help me save my life?" so i gather all my faiths and put in all interest to contact him through his Whatsapp number +2348057353647, so after i have contact him of helping get my disease cured, he respond to me fast as possible that i should not be afraid, that he is a truthful and powerful doctor which i firstly claimed him to be. So after all set has been done, he promise me that i will be healed but on a condition that i provide him some items and obeyed all his oracle said. I did all by accepting his oracolous fact and only to see that the following week Dr.yakubu write me on my email box that my work is successfully done with his powers, i was first shocked and I was been suffering h to be the happiest woman on earth after i have concluded my final test on the hospital by my doctor that i am now HIV- Negative. My papers for check are with me and now i am happy and glad for his miraculous help and power.
With these i must to everyone who might seek for any help, either for HIV cure or much more to contact him now at these email dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com or his Whatsapp number +2348057353647

Post a Comment