Friday 19 March 2010

You know that you are getting old when......


On Saturday I am leaving my youth behind. Gone is the Saturday night binge, letch and fight as I am hosting my first ever dinner party.


However as I am never off duty my guests will be subjected to beer and food themed evening. The television will also be strategically left on so that I can torture myself with England's latest rugby lowpoint.


Le menu is as follows. Notice the professional .oOOo. It's the small things that make a big difference.


Welcome Drinks
Drie Fonteinen Millenium Gueuze and Chalky’s Bark

.oOOo.

Starter
Warm Goat’s Cheese and Caramelised Onion Tart
Accompanied by Chalky’s Bite

.oOOo.

Main Course
Salmon and Monkfish Waterzooi with Crostini and Game Chips
Accompanied by Gentle Jane

.oOOo.

Desert
Double Belgian Chocolate Mousse
Accompanied by Chestnut Porter

.oOOo.

Cheese and Biscuits
Accompanied by Winter Berry Strong

.oO0Oo.

Cornish Coffee and Petit Fours
England 50 France 0 (penalty count)

3 comments:

Adrian Tierney-Jones said...

wow, what time’s it start? ;-)

Stuart Howe said...

You and Mrs Tierney-Jones are always more than welcome at Howe Towers!

Jamie said...

Jebus that looks good.

Post a Comment