Tuesday 17 August 2010

St Enodoc @ The Viper

My gastrointestinal issues have subsided so food and sleep have become my friends again, the toilet will have cope without our hourly catch ups. A quick post to say that a couple of one-off beers have just left Château Sharp’s en route to Essex for the beer festival at The Viper, The Common, Ingatestone CM4 0PT. This is not be confused with The Viper the Dutch DJ, whose finest work must be Project Hardcore (2003). Despite my pleas he has flatly refused to sell my beer.


The two beers are different and unusual and will certainly be unique at the beer festival. St Enodoc Blonde is a blend with a 6 month old strong golden with a fresh prototype dry ale with ginger. St Enodoc Amber is a blend of “XV” a commemorative brew from November last year which failed to reach the intended 15% ABV and a 3 year old honey ale. These beers are idiosyncratic, challenging and 6% ABV. If only CAMRA beer festivals would ask me for beers like these......

3 comments:

Ed said...

Have you tried offering? In my experience CAMRA branches love 'specials' for their festivals.

Stuart Howe said...

Ed hi, I sent two specially brewed barrels to our local festival a year or so ago on sale or return (at thier insistance) and got two of them back unbroached. while I was there the staff were actively upselling their favourite Cornish brewery who had their full standard range on. I appreciate that my local branch or the actions of their volunteers do not represent the whole of CAMRA. That said becuase of our size and market penetration we seldom get requests for our beer from CAMRA festivals. I would love to send my special brews to more CAMRA festivals so hopefully some orgnaisers will read this post and get in touch.

BeerReviewsAndy said...

I wish our local camra festivals would some special stuff, they are generally pretty boring.

Was drinking doombar at my local freehouse last night, you should send him some of your specials, ill go and drink them all on my own if i have to...

Post a Comment